sabato 23 aprile 2016

Completing the task...of a zero balance store credit



In his second part I'll show some more cards I picked up on COMC this week, and briefly describe the sets that will be completed thanks to these additions.
We can argue on whether or not consider one of them as a complete set, but let's start with the cards...

1989 Topps K-Mart Dream Team
I could repeat the same description I did for the 1988 set, but it might sound boring, so I'll get to the card that completed this set, ok? Nice mustaches by the way...

# 32 Fernando Valenzuela


2006 Upper Deck National Baseball Card Day - National Pastime
Probably one of the longest names ever for a set, and at the same time one of the smallest sets ever!
This set consists of 3 cards, Kenji Johjima, Nomar Garciaparra and the card I picked up

# IS Ichiro


2006 Upper Deck National Baseball Card Day
Celebrating baseball cards is something we all do, so I felt I had to complete such a special set.
When I previously said that we could argue on a set, I was referring to this one, because it has been produced by two companies, both numbering the cards from 6 to 10, which leads me to think that in 2005 the first five cards were issued. I consider the part issued by UD as a set on its own, as well as the set produced by Topps. So I picked up the last missing card in the UD portion of the issue.

# UD7 Ken Griffey Jr


2006 Upper Deck Future Stars - World Future Stars
Another pretty long name for a set! This one at least consists of 25 cards of players from different national teams, like some sort of Topps WBC set. I needed three cards, so I digged through COMC archive and snagged them! A couple dutch players and a portorican dude...

   
# 19 Sidney De Jong                                     # 20 Shairon Martis

# 21 Len Picota

So far these cards allowed me to write 4 sets off the checklists, which is very cool!
It's even cooler the fact that I completed also a bigger set, consisting of 220 cards, and issued in 2014 by Bowman...yes you guessed, the 2014 Bowman base set!
This time I was looking for the final 12 cards, and don't worry, I'm not going to show them all, just a couple that might be representative...why not choose two pitchers, one of them being also a rookie for example? Plus, they both play for NYC teams!

    
# 36 Matt Harvey                                            # 88 Masahiro Tanaka


To complete the lot I also picked up a Sammy Sosa card from 1990 Bowman, and a bunch of 2014 Bowman Prospects, leaving me 5 cards away from completing also that set. Unfortunately some of those cards depict Kris Bryant and Jacob DeGrom, meaning that it will be very hard to get them for a reasonable price!

Thank you very much for reading this second post for today, keep collecting and 
CIAO!





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento