giovedì 11 febbraio 2016

Introducing Mr.Cub


I'm pretty sure that you already know who I'm talking about...the one and only Ernie Banks.

This great man and ball player left us almost a year ago.
During his 19 year long career he hit 512 Home Runs, 2.583 Career Hits, been an all-star for 14 times, twice NL MVP and there's a lot more highlights, but probably the most important statistic of them all, the fact that he spent his entire career wearing the Chicago Cubs uniform.

I really like the idea of a player that dedicates his entire career to a single team, because of the bond that creates between himself, the team, and most importantly the fans of the game.

It's becoming rarer as time passes to see players so devoted to a single team, and this is one of the reasons why old timers deserve a lot of respect.

He was voted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1977, his first year of eligibility.

Ernie also received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2013.

As an humble hommage to this amazing player I'll show the first signed card I own of him.

The card comes from the beautiful 1999 Hillshire Farms Home Run Heroes Autographs, and it has a sharp signature of Mr. Cub....here it is.


I might even look for other cards of the set, but so far I'm very pleased of having this one.
I hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know what you think about the card, the set, and also the great Mr Cub!

CIAO!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento