domenica 6 dicembre 2015

Updating my stats


I'm not talking about my ERA or my SLG percentage, but I'm referring to how my card looting went this year...
Since my summer holidays haven't been spent in NYC (as per the last 6 years), I wasn't able to pay my annual visit to the White Plains card show, meaning a big reastraint to the cards inflow for the 2015 season.

So what I did was pretty simple, as soon as I was 100% sure I wasn't going there, I spotted 5 nice cards lots on ebay, and considering my birthday was close to the summer holidays, I was more than "forced" to pick them up. Here below is the list of the lots, with some stats relating to them, and then I'll post my collection updated stats...

I'm not going to mention the names of the sellers, but the first lot came from the United Kingdom, while the others are from US based sellers. Almost every lot included also a couple relics or unknown players' autos (which is fine for me). When talking about doubles I mean "cards that I already have", and not duplicates contained in the same lot.

Lot 1: total cards mentioned in the description: 2000
          cards efffectively included in the lot: 2031
          cards that turned out to be doubles: 701
          cards that were successfully added to the collection: 1330
          needed cards on total cards ratio: 65.5%

Lot 2: total cards mentioned in the description: 2500
          cards efffectively included in the lot: 2651
          cards that turned out to be doubles: 1248
          cards that were successfully added to the collection: 1403
          needed cards on total cards ratio: 52.9%

Lot 3: total cards mentioned in the description: 3000
          cards efffectively included in the lot: 3188
          cards that turned out to be doubles: 2301
          cards that were successfully added to the collection: 887
          needed cards on total cards ratio: 27.8%

Lot 4: total cards mentioned in the description: 2500
          cards efffectively included in the lot: 3033
          cards that turned out to be doubles: 1588
          cards that were successfully added to the collection: 1445
          needed cards on total cards ratio: 47.6%

Lot 5: total cards mentioned in the description: 3000
          cards efffectively included in the lot: 2980
          cards that turned out to be doubles: 1623
          cards that were successfully added to the collection: 1357
          needed cards on total cards ratio: 45.5%

The first lot was the richest in terms of good cards/double cards ratio, while the third lot was the most disappointing, since it came with the highest number of cards in it, and turned out to carry the most doubles...

So, in total I was able to put together 6422 new cards, which by far exceeds the number of cards I usually picked up at the cardshow, so maybe staying close to home for the holidays wasn't that bad.
This huge amount of cards is the reason why it took me so long to complete my wantlists.

Also, such a gigantic mass of cards helped my collection to grow to a total of 70.486 single cards! It's huge in my opinion, and also very diversified in terms of brands,sets and years...but at the same time there's still a lot of work to do, since there's very few sets I was able to complete so far...

Last but not least, these lots gave me many more (7461 to be precise) new cards to include in future trades, a couple of which are already on their way, with Kevin aka The Card Papoy, and Matthew, who is still deciding wheter to start his own blog or not...

Thank you very much for taking the time to go through this long and statistically rich post...

As a reward, here's the latest card I picked up (together with another that will remain secret) from an Instagram user, it's from 2014 Panini Immaculate Collection immaculate ink gold, and numbered to 49, plus is from Paul Konerko! Here it is!




Keep collecting!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento