lunedì 10 novembre 2014

First mailbox goodies from COMC!

Hello everybody!

It's been several months since the last time I posted and luckily many things have changed..
New Job and soon my first apartment with my fiance...

But I haven't quit with my cardboard addiction!!

After reading a post by my euro-friend The Dutch Card Guy about the Mailbox service provided by COMC, I decided to give it a try, and what you're about to see is what I picked up from the bay of E during the month of october...straight from the package received earlier today...

So let's start with my humble tribute to the legendary  captain of the Yankees, Derek Jeter!   This is his iconic Topps rookie card from 1993 set


I kept an eye on this card for long and I was finally able to get it for a reasonable price..
Next up are some cards from a set that I'm (very) slowly putting together..since it showcases great players and the cards usually go for a decent price.. I'm referring to 2007 Ultimate Star Materials set from Upper Deck..here are 3 cards I added to the set




Here are Dontrelle Willis, Austin Kearns (damaged card, dammit) and Francisco Liriano...
Cards from this set are not numbered, but in some cases they display a nice piece of jersey, at least not the regular white piece...maybe I'll show you some more cards from the set in future posts..

Let's go on with the UD mood ok?

Here are some nice auto cards from a manufacturer that through the years released several good products right?
So here you have Nick Swisher auto from 2007 Ultimate Collection America's Pastime, the card is not numbered, but still a great looking card right?

Now an auto from the 2008 Premier Penmanship set, numbered to 50 and signed by John Maine

Two more cards from UD, a 2007 Premier Remnants of Chone Figgins, numbered to 47 and displaying four pieces of jersey, and a 2004 Ultimate Collection with a patch from Mark Prior, numbered to just 18!



Despite the Figgins looks eyeless I guarantee it's scanner's fault, since the card looks beautiful!

Before moving to Topps, a card that I really like, and I like it both for the auto on it as well as for the manufacturer, since it's produced by the italian Panini..it's a 2014 Turn of the Century auto of Josh Donaldson..who knows if Panini will ever market Baseball cards in Italy...

Did I mention Topps? Of course I did!
Here are two nice autographs I bought, one from 2012 Gipsy Queen set and the other from 2012 Golden Debut Auto set..respectively signed by JP Arencibia and Tom Milone!


And since no post from the Italian Completist could be complete without some 2013 Tribute WBC...
here are the latest additions to the set..base auto (not numbered) of Gio Gonzalez

A blue auto (yes you are correct, it is numbered to 50) of Derek Holland, followed by a nice patch of him (numbered to 131, you're right again!)



And last, my favorite card of this mini WBC lot, a patch card numbered to 25, and with an amazing 3 color patch (in my opinion) of Japanese pitcher Kenji Ohtonari!

What do you guys (and gals) think about this first Mail Box lot?

I really enjoyed posting and reviewing it!

I will soon post about last august visit to NYC and especially to the White Plains card show, this time I really went above any expections...

I also bought several boxes from Dacardworld for Christmas, and I participated a couple of box breaks, one of them being a 2014 Triple Threads take will take place Thursday..

Best regards to everybody from Italy

Keep Collecting!









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento